Skip to content

Services for Youth

Provided by: Government of Saskatchewan - Ministry of Social Services

View information about this organization

Service Description

Provides support and services to 16 and 17 year old youth when: 

  • the young person cannot return to live with their family for reasons of safety; or
  • there is no parent willing or able to take responsibility for the young person. 


Case workers follow four guiding principles to determine whether the young person and their family receive services: - All 16 and 17 year olds need adult support, guidance, and direction - at least some of the time. - Wherever possible, this support, guidance, and direction should be provied by the young person's family. - It may be necessary to work with the young person's family to help them become stronger and better able to deal with their stresses and problems, particularly problems related to parenting and/or family functioning. - Helping 16 and 17 year olds through supportive financial or residential services should ensure there is an ongoing family connection, unless the connection is not in the best interest of the youth.

Application Process

Contact your closest Social Services Office to talk to a caseworker who will:
- Discuss concerns about safety issues due to abuse in the home;
- With the young person's permission, contact one or both parents; or
- Contact the young person's school or others who may be able to provide additional information.


No cost.

Service Website

Coverage Area


Languages Offered


Unknown Address

Location Info

211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.

Other ways to find what you’re looking for: