Skip to content

Services for Seniors – Personal Care Home Benefit

Provided by: Government of Saskatchewan - Ministry of Social Services

View information about this organization

Service Description

Provides older adults with monthly financial assistance to help them with the cost of living in a licensed personal care home. Amount of benefit received depends on income and marital status. Amount of the supplement will be the different between monthly income threshold of $2,400 and your monthly income. 

Note: If married or living common-law, individual and spouse’s income must be provided. Half of the combined household income will be applied to determine benefits. 


May be eligible if: - 65 years of age or older; - are a resident of Saskatchewan; - live in a Saskatchewan licensed personal care home; - receive an Old Age Security pension; and - have a monthly income below specified levels.

Application Process

If eligible, benefits will be paid as of the date application is received by the Ministry.

- Review the Personal Care Home Benefit Application Guide online
- Download the Personal Care Home Benefit Application Form online

** Note: Applicants have up to 60 days to submit the following documents to the Regina Ministry of Social Services Client Service Centre:
- Signed Application Form
- Direct deposit form
- Copy of recent GIS Entitlement letter OR copy of most recent Tax Return and a copy of a bank statement showing the most recent OAS/GIS deposit
- Responsible Person Consent Form (if required)
- Confirmation of Admission Form (if required)


No cost.

Regina: 306-798-7242

Outside Regina: 1-855-544-7242

Hours of Operation

Contact for hours of operation.

Service Website

Coverage Area


Languages Offered


Unknown Address

Location Info

Hours of Operation

Contact for hours of operation.

Regina: 306-798-7242

Outside Regina: 1-855-544-7242

211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.

Other ways to find what you’re looking for: