Skip to content

Service Description

Provides funding for non-medical, social support services to First Nations seniors, adults with chronic illness, and children and adults with disabilities (mental and physical) on reserve to help them maintain their independence.

Program includes three major components:

  • In-home Care – for individuals in need of assistance with daily living activities
  • Adult Foster Care – for individuals in need of personal non-medical care in a supported living environment
  • Institutional Care – for individuals in need of personal non-medical 24-hour care.


First Nations individuals residing on-reserve*, or ordinarily resident on-reserve*, who has been formally assessed by a health care provider as requiring social support services.

Individuals must not have the means to obtain such services themselves, or access to other sources of support from the federal, provincial, or Yukon governments.

*Ordinarily resident on-reserve means that individuals live on-reserve and do not maintain primary residence off-reserve. Individuals who are off-reserve to obtain care not available on-reserve are considered ordinarily resident on-reserve, and eligible for funding through the Assisted Living Program, if all eligibility criteria are met.

Application Process

If you are ordinarily resident on-reserve and wish to find out if you are eligible to receive assisted-living services such as in-home care, adult foster care and institutional care under the Assisted Living Program, contact your band's assisted living coordinator or your band's manager.

Toll-Free: 1-800-567-9604

Service Website


Coverage Area


Languages Offered

English, French

Saskatchewan Regional Office


1827 Albert Street
Regina SK  S4P 2S9

Get Directions

Location Info

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday (by appointment only)
9:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 - 4:00 pm

211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.

Other ways to find what you’re looking for: