Skip to content

Child Protection – International Child Abduction

Provided by: Government of Saskatchewan - Ministry of Social Services

View information about this organization

Service Description

Help may be available in situations where a child under the age of 16 has been taken: 

  • from Saskatchewan to another country, OR from another country to Saskatchewan;
  • by a parent or caregiver; and
  • contrary to another parent or caregiver’s custody rights/decision-making responsibilities/guardianship.

Includes situations where a child was wrongfully taken to another country, or wrongfully kept in another country, when that other country is not where the child normally resides. A primary object of the Hague Convention is to respect custody rights that exist in the country where the child normally resides. It also promotes the creation and exercise of access/parenting time/contact rights.  

If you are not the custodial parent but are having difficulty getting access or parenting time with your child, you may apply under Article 21 of the Hague Convention for help in creating access/parenting time arrangements, or having existing access/parenting time arrangements enforced.  


  •  If the other parent or caregiver has taken your child and you do not know where your child is, you should report the matter to local police.
  • The Central Authority does not act as a lawyer for either party.


Central Authority will review the application to ensure it includes information or evidence: - of any custodial or decision-making right, such as a copy of a court order or agreement or whether you have custody/decision-making responsibilities according to The Children's Law Act, 2020. You must also have actually been exervising your custodial rights. - the child was wrongfully removed or retained in another country, in contravention of your rights of custody or decision-making; - the child is now in a country that has signed the Hague Convention; and - the child is under 16 years of age; or the child was habitually resident in Saskatchewan.

Application Process

Complete the Hague Application Form and contact the Central Authority at 306-787-5709. Note: Central Authorities help parents complete Hague applications, and then forward to the Central Authority in another country.

Documents Required

Be prepared to provide a copy of the child's birth certificate and recent photos of the child as part of your Hague application. A photo of the abducting parent is also helpful.

Fax: 306-787-2599

Business Line: 306-787-5709

Hours of Operation

Contact for hours of operation.

Service Website


Coverage Area


Languages Offered


Central Authority – Regina


100 - 3085 Albert Street
Regina SK  S4P 0B1

Get Directions

Location Info

211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.

Other ways to find what you’re looking for: