Skip to content

Decision-Making Responsibility and Parenting Time

Provided by: Government of Saskatchewan - Justice

View information about this organization

Service Description

Offers specialized visitation services for divorced parents in high conflict situations. Visit the website for more information.

  • Parenting Assessments – A judge may order an assessment to help decide the best parenting arrangements for children whose parents cannot agree on decision-making responsibility for their children and parenting time. A social worker will prepare a report with recommendations, which can be reviewed by both parents. If there is still no agreement, a trial may occur.
  • Supervised Parenting Time / Exchange – A court may order supervised parenting time for a number of reasons (see website). This is a service facilitated by social workers and trained observers. The service depends on the court order and the family’s needs. Visits may occur at one of the centers located in Regina or Saskatoon.

NOTE: In 2021 Family law legislation changed the term “custody” to “decision-making responsibility”, and changed the term “access” to “parenting time”.

Application Process

Call the Family Justice Services - Regina Social Work Unit at 306-787-9416 or Saskatoon Social Work Unit at 306-933-5930.

Saskatoon Social Work Unit: 306-933-5930

Regina Social Work Unit: 306-787-9416

Service Website

Coverage Area


Languages Offered


Walter Scott Building


3085 Albert Street
Regina SK  S4S 0B1

Get Directions

The Family Law Information Centre and Regina Dispute Resolution Office are located in Room 323 of the Walter Scott Building.

Location Info

Phone 1: 306-787-5837

Family Law Information Centre

Phone 2: 306-787-5747

Dispute Resolution Office - Regina Office

Phone 3: 306-933-7864

Dispute Resolution Office - Saskatoon Office

Phone 4: 306-787-8961

Maintenance Enforcement Office

Fax: 306-787-8204

Business Line: 306-787-5474


211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.

Other ways to find what you’re looking for: