Skip to content

Wage Earner Protection Program

Provided by: Government of Canada - Service Canada

View information about this organization

Service Description

Compensates eligible workers for unpaid wages, vacation, severance and termination pay they are owed when their employer declares bankruptcy. Visit the website for more information.


- Your employment has ended
- your former employer has filed for bankruptcy or is subject to a receivership
- you are owed wages, vacation pay, termination or severance pay from the former employer
- amounts were earned during the eligibility period or, in the case of termination or severance pay, your employment was terminated during the eligibility period ending on the date of bankruptcy or receivership.

Application Process

Apply online.

Applications must be submitted to Service Canada within 56 days of the latest of the following dates:
- the date of the bankruptcy/receivership
- the date that your employment ended due to termination, resignation, retirement or expiry of term
- the date on which the receiver terminated your employment.

Documents Required

You may apply for the WEPP online once you have received a copy of the information provided to Service Canada by the trustee or receiver appointed in your employer bankruptcy/receivership.



TTY: Toll free 1-800-926-9105

Toll-Free: 1-866-683-6516

WEPP online application service

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 8:00 pm EST

Service Website

Coverage Area


Languages Offered

English, French

Service Canada Centre – Moose Jaw


Victoria Place
501 - 111 Fairford Street East
Moose Jaw SK  S6H 7X5

Get Directions

Pay parking. Payment methods accepted: Mastercard, VISA, American Express, cheque, debit card. Public phone is available.

Location Info

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 - 4:00 pm


Wheelchair accessible.

CPP/OAS: 1-800-277-9914

Record of Employment: 1-800-367-5693

* Toll Free TTY 1-855-881-9874

Employment Insurance Program: 1-800-206-7218

* Toll Free TTY 1-800-529-3742

Telephone Reporting Service Employment Insurance: 1-800-531-7555

Income Security Program TTY - Toll Free: 1-800-255-4786

TTY: 1-800-926-9105

Toll free

Toll-Free: 1-800-622-6232



211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.

Other ways to find what you’re looking for: