On-One-One Employment Counselling
Provided by: SOPA Arrive Prepared
Offers a free, one-on-one, virtual, employment counselling session to individuals wishing to work in Canada. Individuals can meet with an employment specialist from the province of destination to learn about the latest job market information. Career counselling and support may include:
- Resources about licensure and regulatory bodies in your province/Canada
- Resume and cover letter support
- Mock interviews
- Networking resources
- Professional development resources
- Referrals to releveant post-arrival services
- Career change planning and resources
- Return to a work action plan.
Visit the website for more information.
Participants must: - Live outside Canada - Have received approval from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to immigrate to Canada - Have an English level (IELTS) 5.5 or higher - Have access to a computer and high speed Internet. Visit the website to complete the online Eligibility Questionnaire.
Visit the website to register.
Participants must provide one of approval documents from IRCC:
- A confirmation of Permanent Residence document
- A letter notifying pick up of Canadian visa (visa for permanent resident applicants only)
- A request for medical examination letter
- A passport request letter
- A Canadian visa (but have not landed in Canada yet)
- An IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services.
Business Line: 902-423-3607
Hours of Operation
8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Atlantic Standard Time)
No Physical Address
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.