Provided by: The War Amps
Provides “kids-to-adults” messages, from child amputees to drivers, developed to promote safe driving and to prevent serious injury due to traffic accidents. Offers defensive driving tips and DRIVESAFE windshield stickers. Tips include:
- Tailgated? – Let’em go by!
- Don’t be panicked by other drivers.
- Skateboards, rollerblades, and bikes are here – share the road.
- Slow down 10 km/h in bad weather.
- Be seen. Use your headlights night and day.
- Don’t sightsee when behind the wheel.
- Anger is dangerous. Try a smile.
- Conversation distracting? Head it off – politely.
- Expect the other driver to ignore signals. Don’t trust others with your life.
- Don’t be tempted to phone or text – use hands free or turn it off.
2827 Riverside Drive
Ottawa ON K1V 0C4
- Adult Amputee Program
- Child Amputee Program
- DRIVESAFE Program
- Living With Amputation
- Orthotics and Prosthetics Professionals
- PLAYSAFE Program
- War Amputee Program
Wheelchair access - designated parking spaces; Wheelchair access - front or side or back doors; Wheelchair access - ramps; Wheelchair access - washrooms (at least one); Wheelchair access - call for details or special appointment req’d; Elevators; Elevators - Braille signage; Elevators - audible tone or speech; Elevators - lowered buttons; Not Wheelchair accessible
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.