Adult Amputee Program
Provided by: The War Amps
Provides adult amputees with financial assistance towards the cost of artificial limbs and a wealth of information about life as an amputee. Services include:
- Financial Assistance: provides financial assistance to Canadian amputees towards the cost of artificial limbs.
- Information on Life As an Amputee:
- Provides resources to educate amputees and their families on living with amputation.
- The booklet Pain and Phantom Limbs includes theories that may explain phantom limb pain and presents information on some of the techniques available to alleviate the pain.
- Advocates for individual amputees who have encountered discrimination or red tape in accessing health care, important financial benefits and/or legal rights.
Amputees 18 and over residing in Canada.
Complete the online registration form.
No fee - Registration required.
Saskatchewan (and across Canada)
2827 Riverside Drive
Ottawa ON K1V 0C4
- Adult Amputee Program
- Child Amputee Program
- DRIVESAFE Program
- Living With Amputation
- Orthotics and Prosthetics Professionals
- PLAYSAFE Program
- War Amputee Program
Wheelchair access - designated parking spaces; Wheelchair access - front or side or back doors; Wheelchair access - ramps; Wheelchair access - washrooms (at least one); Wheelchair access - call for details or special appointment req’d; Elevators; Elevators - Braille signage; Elevators - audible tone or speech; Elevators - lowered buttons; Not Wheelchair accessible
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.