Child Care – Child Development Centre Brighton
Provided by: YMCA of Saskatoon
- Before and After School Care Program (14 locations)
- Child Care – Child Development Centre Brighton
- Child Care – Child Development Centre Downtown
- Child Care – Child Development Centre Fairhaven
- Child Care – Child Development Centre Martensville
- Child Care – Child Development Centre Sutherland
- Health and Fitness Membership
- Saskatoon Family Centre
- School Reintegration Program
- Y Mind Teen
- Y Mind Youth
A licensed child care facility that provides care and supervision for up to 77 children, six weeks – six years of age. Child Care Subsidy accepted.
Able to accommodate children with delays and differing needs. Please contact for further information.
- Follow a national curriculum, “Playing to Learn.”
- Children learn through play and educators provide guidance and stimulation to allow independent choices and the freedom to explore.
- Encourage language development, problem solving and decision making, with emphasis on the verbalization of feelings, thoughts, and ideas.
- Have two basic rules, “Be Kind” and “Be Safe.”
- An open communication policy between educators and families -communication is encouraged and no comment, concern, or question is considered too small or unimportant.
- Believe the parent has the right to have input on what happens in their child’s centre.
Programs and Activities
- Have play-based, child-centred programming
- Educators observe children and then plan weekly activities based on the children’s interests.
- Activities are planned to encourage development in the four developmental areas. (Motor Skills, Language & Literacy, Math & Science, Arts)
- Social/Emotional development and support is also important – educators provide a warm, caring and safe environment for the children.
- Activities are offered throughout the day; children are encouraged to join but not required to.
- Invitations and activities are left out all day for the children to explore.
- Culturally diverse and try to incorporate it into the centre and classrooms through displays, activities, and discussions.
- Have a full-time cook that prepares meals.
- Follow the Canada Food Guide.
- Have a 4-week meal rotation – it is posted for the convenience of the parents.
- Children with special dietary needs are accommodated; if the child requires special foods (gluten free, halal, vegan) the parent is required to provide the food and our cook prepares accordingly.
Children, six weeks - six years of age.
Able to accommodate children with delays and differing needs. Please contact the centre to discuss your child's needs and availability.
Refer to website https://ymcasaskatoon.org/childcare.
NOTE: Parents/guardians who are interested in being placed on the waitlist must do so on the YMCA waitlist (not the Parent Central waitlist).
Offers full-time spaces only. Contact the centre to obtain current fees.
Child Care Subsidy accepted.
Child Development Centre Brighton
115 Secord Way
Saskatoon SK S7V 0L9
Located in Brighton.
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.