Independent Manor – Seniors Social Housing
Provided by: Yorkton Housing Corporation
Provides 20 one-bedroom suites and 10 two-bedroom suites in a four-story building. Building is smoke-free, wheelchair accessible from one side of the building, and has an elevator with Braille signage. Six suites are accessible. There is one designated wheelchair parking space.
Rent is 30% of total gross household income (based on line 150 of Income Tax). Income is reviewed yearly to ensure the rental rate is fair. Rent includes heat and water, however, tenants are responsible for their own power, telephone, and cable services. A damage deposit is not required.
- a fully wheelchair-accessible building that includes an elevator
- thermostats in each suite
- a laundry room and a garbage chute on each floor
- a lounge used by tenants for meetings, birthday parties, card parties, bingo, and a variety of other activities
- safety features including a fire sprinkler system, fire alarm monitoring service, smoke detectors, enter phone system, as well as an “I’m okay” tenant monitoring system
- minor maintenance provided by on-site maintenance personnel
- emergency situations handled through a 24-hour on-call service.
A limited number of electrified parking stalls are available at a cost per month.
Transportation: The City’s Dial-a-Bus service is available in front of the building.
Adults 60 years and over. Requirements are based on Saskatchewan Housing Income Maximums (SHIMs) for individuals and couples with or without a disability. See website for details.
Contact Yorkton Housing Corporation or visit the website.
Proof of income.
Yorkton Housing Corporation
145 Jubilee Crescent
Yorkton SK S3N 0T4
- Allan Bay Manor- Affordable Senior Housing
- Bradbrooke Drive – Single Adult Low-Income Housing
- Fromm Manor – Adult Low-Income Housing
- Independent Manor – Seniors Social Housing
- Jubilee Crescent – Seniors Low-Income Housing
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.