English for Employment Program
Provided by: Ukrainian Canadian Congress - Saskatchewan Provincial Council, Inc.
Provides 72 hours of free English training program to prepare for the Saskatchewan job market.
Important skills for finding a job, including:
- How to prepare resume
- Job interview skills
- Phone skills and etiquette
- How to network professionally
- How to talk about job skills and employment history
Canadian workplace practices and culture, including:
- Non-verbal communication
- Working in teams
- Employer expectations and performance evaluations
- Dealing with problems at the workplace
- Rights and responsibilities under the Saskatchewan Labour Standards and the Canadian Human Rights Code
Free childminding is available for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning classes.
Individuals who are 18 years of age or older, who have taken the Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (minimum CLB 5), and who have lived in Canada less than 8 years or have permission to attend from Labour Market Services.
Legal status in Canada is:
-Temporary Resident of Canada with a SIN and/or valid work permit, OR
-Permanent Resident of Canada who cannot attend other English classes, OR
-Canadian citizen not eligible for federal English classes
Call or email to register.
Valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) and a copy of most recent Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) placement test results.
Business Line: 1-306-652-5850
Hours of Operation
Visit the websitefor detailed dates and location.
Ukrainian Canadian Congress – Saskatchewan Provincial Council
4-2345 Avenue C North
Saskatoon SK S7L 5Z5
- Cultural Programming
- English for Employment Program
- Immigration and Settlement Services
- Translation and Interpretation Services
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.