Skip to content

Service Description

Provides a rebate of up to $20,000 of tuition fees paid to eligible graduates who live in Sasktchewan and who file a Saskatchewan income tax return. Most Saskatchewan post-secondary institutions apply on your behalf. If you are a resident but attended a post-secondary institution elsewhere, you may be eligible and should apply directly to the Ministry of Advanced Education.

Visit the website for further details on the program and information on filing your Saskatchewan tax return when claiming the Graduate Retention Program.


You're eligible if you: - Graduated from an approved post-secondary program and applied within seven years of graduation - Already live in Saskatchewan or - Are moving to Saskatchewan. An approved program must: - Be equivalent to at least six months of full-time study at an eligible institution - Result in certificate, diploma, or undergraduate degree or - Provide journeyperson certification. Master and PhD degrees are not eligible for the GRP. Your undergraduate program may qualify for the GRP if it meets the above requirements. Visit Government of Canada's website for a list of designated educational institutions.

Application Process

Visit the website for instructions on how to apply.

Documents Required

A copy of your certificate, diploma or degree – or for international study, a copy of your Canadian educational credential assessment confirming the program of study – should be submitted with your completed application.

Fax: 306-787-1608

Toll-Free: 1-800-597-8278

Business Line: 306-787-5620

Service Website




Coverage Area


Languages Offered

English, French

Student & Support Services


1120 - 2010 12th Avenue
12th Floor
Regina SK  S4P 0M3

Get Directions
Mailing Address

1120 - 2010 12th Avenue
12th Floor
Regina SK  S4P 0M3

211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.

Other ways to find what you’re looking for: