Community Connections Programs
Provided by: Regina Open Door Society
Community Connections programs include:
- Public Speaking Workshops by Toastmasters International (Adults)
- Provides language services and public speaking to engage newcomers in learning, practicing, improving and developing public speaking, writing and leadership skills.
- Year around program offered every Wednesday from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
- Integrating Newcomers with Volunteering Opportunities to Add Leadership through Valued Education (INVOLVE)
- Helps newcomers understand the culture, role and history of volunteerism in Saskatchewan and Canada.
- Provides an opportunity to identify their skills, attributes and interests to find opportunities to contribute successfully.
- Six week program offered three times a year.
- Creative Writing (Open Doors through Stories)
- Offered to newcomers looking to write their stories with power, imagination and confidence.
- Five sessions. Offered November, December 2022.
- Conversation Circles
- Provides an opportunity for newcomers to learn, practice and improve their Basic English language skills through fun and interactive activities.
- Year around program offered every Wednesday 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
- Women Group Conversion Circles
- Provides an opportunity for women to meet, share and learn.
- Beginning in July 2022, group will meet every Thursday from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm.
- Canada Connects
- Volunteers are matched with newcomers’ families for a period of one year to help them participate, integrate and settle well in the community.
- Year around program and volunteers spend four hours a month with the newcomer families.
- Cultural Awareness Training (Public and Private)
- Provides training about immigrantion statistics and terminology, the newcomer experience and tools for working with newcomers. Outlines how to assist newcomers in their settlement and integration.
- Available to community members, organizations and newcomers.
- Public session offered once a month. Private sessions also available.
Contact for information.
Contact for information.
Regina Open Door Society (RODS)
2314 11th Avenue
Regina SK S4P 0K1
- Community Connections Programs
- Employment Services
- Settlement Services for Newcomers (2 locations)
- Volunteer Program
- Youth Programs
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Braille elevators or Braille signage; Wheelchair access - front or side or back doors; Wheelchair access - lowered elevator buttons; Wheelchair access - ramps; Wheelchair access - washrooms (at least one)
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.