English for Employment Language Class
Provided by: Prince Albert Multicultural Council
Language training program for new immigrants that assists those with limited English skills in gaining the language proficiency required for finding entry-level occupations and maintaining employment.
- English improvement
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Worker’s Compensation
- Labour Standards
- Human Rights Code
- Workplace communication
- getting a job.
The course is free, however, language level assessment testing is required and attendance is mandatory. The course is funded by the Government of Saskatchewan.
Applicants must be:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- have been in Saskatchewan for no more than eight years since date of first arrival in the province;
- temporary resident with work permit, or naturalized Canadian citizen who is legally entitled to work in Canada and who has levels 4-8 according to the Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT) or other Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) cross-referenced assessment tests.
Call or Visit the Prince Albert Multicultural Council office.
Business Line: 306-922-0400
Hours of Operation
Tuesday and Thursday
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Prince Albert and area
Prince Albert Multicultural Council
1410C Central Avenue
Prince Albert SK S6V 4W5
Near the city bus Station at the back of Venice House restaurant. Building is facing the SaskPower building.
- Community Consultations
- Employment and Settlement Support Services
- English for Employment Language Class
- Multicultural Events and Activities
- Multicultural Youth Day Camp
- Stage 2 English Class
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Wheelchair access - call for details or special appointment req’d; Wheelchair access - front or side or back doors; Wheelchair access - washrooms (at least one)
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.