Child Care – Holliston
Provided by: Preston Early Learning Centre
A licensed child care facility that provides care and supervision for up to 38 children between the ages of three and 12 years. Operates on all non-school days. Child Care Subsidy accepted.
- Believe that parents, families, community are important in developing each child. Parents, families and community are engaged as content experts to support the program offered to the children through enhanced interactions and knowledge building.
- Believe that children learn best when parents, families and community support the needs of all children and work together to achieve our goals.
- Provides an environment that is safe, genuinely caring, respectful, nurturing, stimulating, individualized and cooperative.
- Positive atmosphere is achieved by fostering open, honest relationships and developing each child’s understanding of tolerance, open-mindedness, and appreciation and respect for others without discrimination.
- Use the play and exploration model and take into account all aspects of the child’s development on an individual basis. This includes social-emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual development.
Programs and Activities
- Separated into preschool, kinder care, and school age programs.
- Includes age appropriate activities to keep children engaged and learning.
- Follows the Reggio inspired philosophy that includes play and exploration and emergent curriculum.
- Daily flow allows children to be co-constructors of their learning and play.
- Staff follow children’s leads – program for their day includes free time and planned activities based on the children’s interests.
- Day is structured through a balance of indoor and outdoor activities that foster independence.
- Following the children’s lead and being co-learners determines the daily flow of more structured and free play activities which are child led.
- Nutrition fuels the minds and bodies of the children we care for.
- Nutrition is important for brain development, behavior, and attention span to optimize the children’s learning.
- Two snacks and lunch daily that follow Canada’s food guide.
- Special diets or restrictions are provided by the parents.
Children between the ages of three and 12 years. Contact for further information.
Fill out the application form, available online, to be added to the waiting list.
Children under 6 qualify for $10 a day care with a total fee of $217.50 per month. Children in kindergarten but over 6 pay $785 per month. Children in grade 1 - 12 years old pay $520 per month during the school year and $625 per month for July and August. Program qualifies for Educational Assistant grants and Child Care Subsidy.
Preston Early Learning Centre – Holliston
1511 Louise Avenue
Saskatoon SK S7H 2V6
Not wheelchair accessible.
1529 Preston Ave
Saskatoon SK S7H 2V6
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.