Information for Victims
Provided by: Government of Canada - Correctional Service Canada
Provides victims with the information they need to have an effective voice in the federal correctional system. Individuals can provide information about an offender to Correctional Service Canada (CSC) anonymously by calling 1-866-780-3784 any time of the day or night.
Visit the website for services and information, including:
- Register as a Victim – Victims do not automatically receive information about the offender who harmed them. A victim must first register with Correctional Service Canada to receive information.
- Provide a Victim Statement – Victim statements allow individuals to express how an offender’s crime has impacted their life. Information in a victim statement is considered throughout an offender’s sentence.
- Victim’s Portal – A simple, secure way to send and receive information online. It allows victims and/or their named representatives to access information they are entitled to, as defined by law, at their convenience.
- Victim Representatives – A victim representative is a person chosen by a victim to receive information about the offender on their behalf.
- How to Submit a Complaint – If you believe your rights under the Canadian Victim Bill of Rights have been infringed, violated or denied, you can make a complaint. Victims also have the right to make a complaint if they believe that their rights have not been respected.
- Resources for Victims – A collection of resources for victims of crime.
- Contact Information for the Victim Services – Find contact information for the national and regional Victim Services offices.
Prairies Regional Headquarters
3427 Faithfull Avenue
Saskatoon SK S7K 8H6
PO Box 9223
Saskatoon SK S7K 3X5
- Information for Victims
- Restorative Opportunities Program
- Visiting and Communicating with an Inmate – Online Information
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.