A text-only chat platform for Indigenous people that provides culture-based support on any topic at all. It’s a safe place to have confidential, judgement-free conversations with someone who is also Indigenous themselves. Note: this is not a crisis tool or an emergency service. If you are in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1.
- As a “Guest” of the Talking Stick app, your identity is always anonymous, and no chats are ever saved or shared. As soon as the chat ends, the chat is automatically deleted from your phone or computer.
- There is no login, no password, no information to share. Simply launch the chat and instantly connect privately (one on one), to a real person who is ready to listen without judgement.
While Talking Stick’s Peer Advocates are not health professionals or crisis counsellors, they can connect you with those resources and services in or around your community.
- Indigenous Peer Advocates arereal people who live in Saskatchewan, many of which come from your own communities or those nearby. Peer Advocates are not crisis counsellors or healthcare professionals, they are people like you who have been trained to listen with compassion, respect, and humility.
Talking Stick is a safe space to talk about:
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Anxiety, Worry, Stress
- Depression, Loneliness
- Grief and Loss
- School, Work, Relationships
- Violence, Anger, Bullying
- and more.
Developed by the Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations in partnership with TryCycle Data Systems Inc.
Indigenous people residing in Saskatchewan.
Start a chat online (select "Chat Now"), or download the Talking Stick App via Google Play or the App Store. There is no login, no password, no information to share. Simply launch the chat to be connected.