Animal Safekeeping Program
Provided by: New Hope Dog Rescue
Provides free care for pets owned by the victims of interpersonal violence. Pets will be cared for in foster homes for up to 90 days.
- All necessary food and pet care supplies (e.g. bowls, leashes) are provided.
- Veterinary care is available.
- Program has been developed to protect the safety and confidentiality of both the victims and their pets.
- Pets will be dropped off and retreived from a safe, confidential location.
- For safety reasons, pet owners should not be present during the drop-off/pick-up process.
- For the protection of the pet owner, animals and volunteers, owners are not allowed to visit their pets while in the safekeeping program. Updates and/or photos of the dog can be provided, upon request.
Victims of domestic violence who need to escape their abusive situation and have no other place for their pets.
Referrals from a human service professional are required to access this program. Visit website for details on how to make a referral to the program.
New Hope Dog Rescue
Saskatoon SK S7H 0W2Get Directions
Organization is foster-based. There is no facility for service.
8B-3110 8th Street East
Saskatoon SK S7H 0W2
- Animal Safekeeping Program
- Dog Adoptions
- Dog Care When Individuals are in Hospital
- Saskatchewan First Nation Spay and Neuter Program
- Surrender a Dog