Child Care – Mackenzie Infant Care Centres
Provided by: Mackenzie Infant Care Centres
Licensed child care facilities that provide care and supervision for up to 51 children between the ages of two weeks and kindergarten. Spots are reserved for teen parents who attend Balfour Collegiate. Offers limited post-secondary support childcare for parents who want to continue their education after high school. Limited community spots available for the public. Child Care Subsidy accepted.
- 36 infant and 15 toddler total spaces are available between the rooms at Balfour High School (1245 College Avenue) and a nearby house (1308 College Avenue) in Regina.
Able to accommodate children with delays and differing needs. Please contact for further information.
- Part of a comprehensive program that offers support to adolescent mothers to enable them to complete their education, learn about child development and parenting, and obtain emotional support from caring adults.
- Formal and informal opportunities are presented for the adolescent mother to obtain information on and to demonstrate basic skills of parenting.
- Each mother and child are seen as unique and worthy individuals.
Programs and Activities
- Toddlers are given the opportunity to discover their own preference for interaction and for exploration through play based experiences.
- Program allows the infant to have control over their environment which in turn creates a daily schedule unique to each infant.
- Provides a nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional and cognitive development of the growing child.
- Toddlers and infants have outside time each day, weather permitting.
- Educators incorporate music, books, dolls and programming activities from many cultures.
- Morning and afternoon snacks and lunch are provided daily – one meal a week is prepared for the mothers.
- The infant intro foods and meals are prepared by their cook following the guidelines of the Ministry of Education – Early Years Branch.
- Educators follow an introduction chart, with one food introduced weekly for allergy testing.
- Allergies are recorded and that child’s meals are prepared especially for them.
Children between the ages of two weeks and kindergarten. Spots are reserved for teen parents who attend Balfour Collegiate. Offers limited post-secondary support childcare for parents who want to continue their education after high school. Limited community spots available for the public. Able to accommodate children with delays and differing needs. Contact for further information.
Call for more information.
Fees are covered for teen parents under the age of 22 and attending Balfour Collegiate.
Business Line: 306-569-1308
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Follows public school calendar. Closed statutory holidays as well as school closures.
Mackenzie Infant Care Centre
1308 College Avenue
Regina SK S4P 1B2
Located in General Hospital area