A voluntary and free home visiting program that is designed to support families with children prenatal to age three.
- Visit the home weekly sharing early childhood and parenting information and activities
- Build a trusting relationship with parents and children
- Provide information, education and referrals to appropriate services
- Provide support to families to create positive change in their lives
- Guide families in exploring their values, goals, and dreams for their children.
With the support of their home visitor they create home environments that promote healthy social and emotional development, and fun learning opportunities for their children.
KidsFirst also offers:
- Access to community supports, including: housing, food security, literacy, public health and immunizations, adult education and skills training, and addictions counselling.
- Milk coupons and transportation may also be provided.
Priority given to prenatal moms or families with children up to 6 months of age and in need of support.
Priority is given to East Hill and West Flat areas of the city. Other areas will be considered based on need.
Referrals for the program are through:
-A birth questionnaire at the hospital
-Community agency referrals.
KidsFirst Prince Albert
560 / 570 - 1403 Central Avenue
Prince Albert SK S6V 7J4
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Closed statutory holidays.
Wheelchair access - designated parking spaces; Wheelchair access - front or side or back doors; Wheelchair access - ramps; Wheelchair access - washrooms (at least one); Wheelchair access - call for details or special appointment req’d