Child Care – Humboldt Public School
Provided by: Humboldt Public School Child Care Centre
A licensed child care facility that provides care and supervision for up to 56 children between the ages of six weeks and 12 years. Child Care Subsidy accepted.
Able to accommodate children with delays and differing needs. Please contact for further information.
- Committed to providing high quality child care within a safe, caring, and educational environment which values the cultural backgrounds of the families.
- Committed to providing access to affordable, high quality care, and early education experiences.
- Committed to nurturing children in a safe and caring environment while they are away from home.
- Committed to developing healthy, happy, confident, and inspired children who may flourish in their young lives.
- Committed to supporting the exploration of cultural diversity through play.
Programs and Activities
- Follow the curriculum set out by the Saskatchewan Government for play and exploration – it is based on children learning through play.
- Plan projects and activities around the children’s interests.
- Have open invitations in each room for large portions of the day – children have the ability to choose which activity they would like to follow and how long they stay engaged in that activity.
- Children are encouraged to self dress for outdoors, wash hands independently, put their shoes on, etc.
- Have the ability to have a one on one educator with any child that needs extra help – adapt programming around all children’s individual needs.
- Always document to see what children are talking about and what they are interested in.
- Have structured meal and nap times – the rest of the days is fairly open for the children – classroom time they can choose their activities from what is presented on the tables or on the shelves.
- Go outside three to four times a day and they are able to choose any activities.
- Ensure that all areas of development are covered – social, emotional, spiritual, and cognitive.
- Ensure that the materials presented are always culturally sensitive, and try to have pieces of different cultures around the centre.
- Wholesome meals are a huge priority at the centre.
- Believe that everything should be made from whole wheat or whole grain and a very limited amount of processed foods.
- Want to role model healthy eating for all the children and families at the centre.
- Provide a nutritious breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, and an evening snack for children that are there after 5:30 pm.
- Try their best to work around allergies or specials diets – there are times if the allergy is severe that parents may need to pack a substitute.
- A nut free centre.
Children between the ages of six weeks - 12 years. Able to accommodate children with delays and differing needs. Please contact for further information.
Call or email for more information.
Infant (6 weeks - 18 months) Full-time $262 per month, Part-time $151.89 per month.
Toddler (18 months - 30 months) Full-time $264 per month, Part-time $149.48 per month.
Preschool Full-time $200 per month, Part-time $114.75 per month.
Kindergarten $200per month.
School-Age (Summer) Full-time $445 per month, Part-time $255 per month. (School Year) Part-time $195 per month for only before and after school. $255 per month for before and after school including care on non school days.
Part-time cost includes 90 hours per month.
Drop-in $5.50 per hour.
Child Care Subsidy accepted.
Business Line: 306-682-0067
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Humboldt Public School Child Care Centre
830 7th Street
Humboldt Public School
Humboldt SK S0K 2A0
Humboldt SK S0K 2A0
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.