Family Literacy Programs
Provided by: Foundations Learning & Skills Saskatchewan
Provides a variety of family literacy programs that incorporate literacy and fun, including:
- The Saskatchewan Odyssey – explore the province with Family Literacy activities to complete along the way
- Payday Playday – a two-hour family-centred event focused on strengthening financial literacy skills and knowledge
- Learn & Soar – an eight-week family learning program for children ages three to five and their parents/caregivers. Allows families to learn and grow early literacy skills through songs, rhymes, stories, literacy games and activities.
- Criss-Cross Applesauce – a 12-week program (attend once per week) for parents/caregivers and their children ages three to five. Helps children prepare for school success through rhymes, stories and literacy activities
- Eensy Weensy Rhymers – a program for infant to three year olds and their caregivers
- 1, 2, Buckle My Shoe – explore numbers, shapes, and other math fun through activities, rhymes, and stories
- Introduction to Family Literacy (Certificate) – for anyone wanting to facilitate, coordinate, and develop Family Literacy programs.
Visit the website for details.
Some programs are for parents and preschool children and others are for the entire family.
Contact for details.
Free for families.
Business Line: 306-652-5448
Hours of Operation
Various times throughout the year - visit the website for details.
Foundations Learning & Skills Saskatchewan
2 - 706 Duchess Street
Saskatoon SK S7K 0R3
Corner of Duchess and 7th Street. One block south of 33rd Street.
Saskatoon SK S7K 0V1
- Adult Literacy Programs
- Children’s Literacy Programs
- Family Literacy Programs
- Financial Literacy Workshops
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.