Provided by: Dogs with Wings
Assists those who would benefit from having a well-trained service dog, but do not require public access. These dogs assist clients to enhance their quality of life and achieve greater independence by:
- assisting with physical needs
- enhancing social interactions
- contributing to the well-being as they support their clients at home and at dog friendly public places.
- Applicants must have a disability (assessed on a case-by-case basis).
- Child applicants must be over the age of 3 years old at application and will not be considered for placement until they are over the age of 5 years old.
- Preferred to place Companion Dogs in home environments in which the Companion Dog is the only canine living in the home. However, exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Families must be able to meet the emotional, physical, and financial needs of the Companion Dog and offer a stable home environment.
- Families must demonstrate the need for a Companion Dog and that they are not able to train their own pet dog to assist the applicant.
Email for more information.
Dogs with Wings
11343 - 174th Street Northwest
Edmonton AB T5S 0B7
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.