Registered Disability Savings Plan
Provided by: Affinity Credit Union
A registered savings plan that helps eligible Canadians with disabilities and their families save for long-term financial needs. Benefits:
- Defers tax on investment income
- Use funds for anything
- Receive government contributions.
You can open an RDSP and be the plan holder if you are:
- a person with a disability who is the age of majority and has the capacity to manage his or her finances; or
- the legal parent of a child with a disability who has not reached the age of majority; or
- a guardian or other representative who is legally authorized to act on behalf of a person with a disability.
- plan holder does NOT have to be a Canadian resident.
Who can be a beneficiary?
Beneficiaries must have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) and be:
- eligible for the Disability Tax Credit (DTC)
- a Canadian resident when the plan is set up and when each contribution is made
- under age 60 when the plan is opened, since contributions cannot be accepted after the end of the year the beneficiary turns 59.
* A beneficiary can only have one RDSP at a given time.
Call 1-866-863-6237 or book an appointment online to discuss your options.
Social Insurance Number
Hours of Operation
Varies by branch location.
Affinity Credit Union Locations
PO Box 1330
Regina SK SyK 3P4
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.