Saskatchewan Union Retirees Federation
Provincial organization representing retired public, private, or trade union members. Affiliated with the Congress of Union Retirees of Canada (CURC), which is an independent retiree’s wing of the Canadian Labour Congress (CLC). CURC and the SURF were established to lobby all levels of government for improvements on issues affecting retirees. Through CURC, the SURF is able to offer retirees health, prescription drug, dental, residential, funeral, and travel insurance benefits. The SURF provides:
- pre-retirement planning workshops
- assistance to unions in forming retiree groups/clubs
- retired union members to participate at local labour councils, labour, and community organizations
- liaison services with other retiree and senior groups through the Saskatchewan through its affiliation to the Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism (SSM)
- SURF and CURC newsletters to keeps members informed of issues and activities.
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.