Prairie Lily Early Learning Centre
Operates a Before and After School Program and three licensed child care facilities.
- Believe that child care should be for every child.
- Each child is unique, and should be celebrated and supported in their learning.
- Each child is a capable learner. Allowing them to try new things is important for their overall growth and development, including a healthy self-esteem.
- Believe that connection and relationships are the foundation for overall program success, and the Centre should be a place where all feel welcome.
Programs and Activities
- Follow the provincial Play and Exploration curriculum, and have a play-based program in all locations.
- Have a general daily routine, but allow for child-directed play and activities, and adjust the schedule as needed.
- Environment is set up to allow for independent play and learning, and more specific teacher-led activities.
- Believe in discovering what children already know, and to help them add to that by providing learning based on careful observation.
- Value each individual style of learning, and work to provide learning opportunities that will reach many children.
- Love to often play outside and explore nature.
- Nutrition is important, as it sets the tone for the day.
- Providing healthy meals and snacks enables children to play and learn better, and manage their emotions which allows them to develop better social and emotional skills.
- Provide breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack, and offer water throughout the day.
- Children with special diets or allergies are welcome. Work with each family to provide foods that will work for them and their child, or they are welcome to bring supplemental food, or their own meals entirely.
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.