Prairie Hospice Society
A charitable, non-profit community organization working to ensure access to compassionate, community-based end-of-life support in Saskatoon with a goal of enhancing quality of life at the end of life. Provides one-on-one companionship and non-medical support for clients and their families. Raises awareness and educates the community about end-of-life care. Advocates for quality end-of-life care. Trained volunteers provide:
- companionship and emotional support,
- accompaniment to appointments, errands, social outings, and walks
- assistance with collecting and recording life stories
- a variety of non-medical comfort measures
- respite for caregivers
- assistance with sorting and organizing
- provides rides as needed.
Note: Volunteers do not give medications or offer services related to activities of daily living such as lifting, transferring, bathing, dressing, toileting, and feeding.
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.