John Howard Society of Saskatchewan
**** PLEASE SEE PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS FOR CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19. ALL STAFF, CLIENTS, AND VOLUNTEERS ARE ASKED TO STAY HOME IF THEY ARE FEELING ILL.
- Public Legal Counsel, Pierre Hawkins, is still offering assistance to inmates currently in prison while operating remotely. Pierre is no longer holding face to face meetings at the Regina Provincial Correctional Centre, but continues to assist with discipline matters, administrative segregation, and security level designations through phone and in writing. Pierre is also leading advocacy efforts for safety in prisons during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- ARC (Adults Reintegrating into Community) is currently not holding any in person visits with clients. Staff are continuing to provide support through phone, text, and email to ensure clients have the help needed to access services. They continue to work with clients on staying healthy and whole, supporting their overall goal of successful reintegration into the community.
- Institutional Support Phone Line continues to operate and offer support to inmates in need of information. Staff are offering supports to newly released inmates through phone, text, and email.
- Cornerstone Relapse Prevention Program is a 12-week relapse program in Regina, Moose Jaw, and Prince Albert and is currently on hold. Staff are available by phone for information on programs.
Please contact agency directly or follow via Facebook or website for further information. ****
An independent voluntary organization composed of citizens who accept responsibility for understanding and dealing with the problems of crime and the criminal justice system in a creative, humane and progressive manner. The Society fulfills this responsibility through reform, advocacy, direct service, and public education.
- Adult Alternative Measures Program
- Basswood Place
- Bert’s Safe Shelter
- Cedar House
- Community Alternative to Remand
- Community Justice Forum for Adult and Youth
- Community Outreach Support Program
- Community Service Program (3 locations)
- Crime Prevention Program for Youth
- Extrajudicial Sanctions Program for Youth
- Fine Option Program (3 locations)
- Jays Place
- Lulu’s Lodge
- Stewart’s Place
- Stop-Lift Program
- Supported Independent Living Program (2 locations)
211 Saskatchewan strives to make sure information is correct. However, there are often changes to community services, which means inaccuracies may be possible. The information presented by 211 Saskatchewan may be subject to change.